Taste Our Best
We are delighted to have achieved Visit Scotland’s Taste our Best accreditation in recognition of our sourcing policy and the quality of food we provide at breakfast.
Taste Our Best
We are delighted to have achieved Visit Scotland’s “Taste our Best” accreditation as recognition of our sourcing policy and the quality food we provide.
We take pride in using quality produce and showcasing some of the best local and Scottish Food producers in the breakfast we prepare. Scotland’s food comes from unspoilt habitats and varied weather, which are perfect for producing a wide variety of high quality fresh fruit and vegetables, fish, meat and much more.
Below is a summary of the provenance used in our breakfast menu.
- Letterfinlay’s own Dry Cured Back Bacon
- Letterfinlay’s own Pork Sausages
- Charles MacLeod of Stornoway Black Pudding (Letterfinlay)
- Macsweens of Edinburgh Slicing Haggis (Letterfinlay)
Loch Fyne Kippers* are bought from our Fish Monger in Fort William or Oban.
The smoked salmon comes from Wester Ross Fisheries and is smoked by Letterfinlay.
Fruit and Vegetables
- Tomatoes and mushrooms are Scottish when in season and available.
Dairy and Eggs
- Scottish large free range eggs (Letterfinlay)
- Various Scottish butters used for sauteing mushrooms
- Grahams Family Dairies Butter Portions (Letterfinlay)
- Grahams Family Dairies
- Yoghurts (Letterfinlay)
- Scottish Milk
Mackays Jams and Marmalades which are made in Dundee.
Hamlyn’s Oatmeal, which uses Scottish Oats.**
Other items like bread, fruit and cereals are bought in the local supermarkets.
* Kippers are whole herring, split in the middle and opened out, salted and cold smoked on the bone.
** David gets rave reviews about his porridge, check out our reviews to read what people are saying.
During Covid times:
Breakfast is pre-ordered the night before, we will give you an order form to complete. This can be changed on a daily basis.
We usually have a self-service counter running but at the moment these items can also be pre-ordered.
Please use the hand sanitiser in the hall before going in and after coming out of the Breakfast Room.